KWFC “Turkey Shoot” Contest Rules
By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and will comply with the rules for 89.1 KWFC’s “Turkey Shoot” Contest, and that not adhering to these rules may be grounds for ineligibility or removal from the competition.
The Contest is a humorous on-air feature for listeners of KWFC. Contestants who meet eligibility requirements (see below) may enter the competition by calling at the appropriate time as announced on air.
By entering the Contest, the contestants grant permission for KWFC, RTN Network, and any promotional partners to use audio/video/photographic likeness and/or content for promotional means.
KWFC retains the full right and ability to refuse or eliminate any contestant for any reason without explanation or possibility of legal ramification. Contest judging will be done entirely by KWFC’s predetermined panel of judges, unless otherwise noted.
The Contest is open to any legal U.S. resident residing within the listening area of 89.1 KWFC. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age as of April 1, 2015.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Contest winners may be asked to provide proof of identification.
The following are ineligible from participation:
Employees or agents of Radio Training Network, other Missouri radio stations, or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent.
Any individual younger than 18 years of age as of April 1, 2015
“The KWFC/Hyvee Turkey Shoot” takes place weekdays at 7:15 a.m. Monday, November 9th through Wednesday, November 18, 2015. Contestants must call the studio line (417) 863-8900 or (800) 658-0353 when prompted by the host. Calls are taken in the order received. Up to six contestants may participate each day for the chance to win a certificate good for a 10-14 pound frozen turkey from Hyvee supermarket of Springfield.
The audio components involved are cartoon in nature, and the premise of the contest is purely a guessing game between the numbers 1 through 6. Contestants play the hunter guessing how many shots it will take to get their frozen turkey from Hyvee.
The “shot order” (numbers between 1 and 6) is preselected before the contest is conducted. Each contestant will have the opportunity to guess how many shots their turn will take to “bag the bird”. The first contestant will have a one-in-six chance of winning having to guess first. For example: the host has preselected the numbers in the following 5, 6, 1, 2, 4, 3. If the first contestant doesn’t guess the correct number (ex: “guessed” 4 but the preselected number was 5) then a second contestant is given the chance to play with a one-in-five chance to win (shots 1,2,3,4 and 6 remaining). If the second contestant “misses” a third contestant will have a chance to play down to a sixth contestant if necessary. Each subsequent contestant plays at increasingly better odds as the shot selection diminishes … until the sixth and final contestant is left with just one number between 1 and 6 shots to guess, from the example that last number would be 3. The contest is over when a contestant has guessed the correct number.
Winning contestants will have until Friday, November 27, 2015 to come to the KWFC studios to claim their prize:
2550 S. Campbell, Ste 100
Springfield, Missouri 65807
Daily winners receive win a certificate good for a 10-14 pound frozen turkey from Hyvee supermarket at 1720 E. Battlefield, Springfield, MO 65807. To redeem the prize, winner must present the certificate at the meat counter.
- Contestants may be asked to participate, either in-person, via telephone, or through electronic means (such as e-mail), with on-air talent in promotional segments (with such segments being either live or pre-recorded).
- All contestants assume total and complete personal liability and responsibility for contest involvement, with absolutely no liability or responsibility on the part of any entity involved in the promotion of any part of this total event.
- All prizes in this contest, advertised or implied, are not guaranteed. Whether by decision, or circumstances beyond control, KWFC is in no way legally bound to deliver or make good on any prize (or portion of the grand prize).
- KWFC can, in no way, be legally held for any perceived damages to contestants and contest participants, or anyone related in any way to such persons (regardless of the nature of such damages). KWFC is in no way legally liable or responsible to any contestant or participant, as all such persons are considered voluntary participants without right to any form of compensation.
- KWFC is in no way required to give intellectual domain to any contestant for any product or by-product of this promotion, even if such product is found existent prior to the said promotion.
- Any applicable taxes as a result of any and all prizes awarded in this competition are the sole responsibility of the contestant.
- Any pre-knowledge of the Contest events, processes, personalities, and/or results is considered confidential until such time as broadcast on KWFC or posted at kwfc.org. Revealing such information prior to its announcement is grounds for disqualification and removal from the competition.
- Any method or scheme devised to cheat or evade the rules of this contest will result in disqualification of votes deemed as such.
- KWFC reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise amend these rules at any time, or for any reason, with or without notice, and without consequence. Also, KWFC is not responsible for errors, misinformation, or omissions in these rules.