By submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and will comply with the rules for 89.1 KWFC’s Happy People Video Contest (the “Contest”), and that not adhering to these rules may be grounds for ineligibility or removal from the competition.
The Contest is a humorous video competition for listeners of KWFC. Contestants who meet eligibility requirements (see below) may enter the competition by completing the submission form at kwfc.org by Friday, April 24th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. (CDT)
By entering the Contest, the contestants grant permission for KWFC, RTN Network, and any promotional partners to use audio/video/photographic likeness and/or content for promotional means.
KWFC is not responsible for any internet, server, broken internet links or other transmission errors in sending an e-mail, submitting an online registration form, posting videos to the internet or online voting.
Unless otherwise decided by KWFC, there will be no other means of entry into the Contest.
The video submissions will be open to be viewed by the staff and judges of KWFC. Entries participating in the Semi-Final and Final rounds of the Contest will be available for public viewing at kwfc.org during the voting rounds. It is recommended that the video submitted contain good quality video and audio with a length less than two minutes. Longer performances may be edited by the station or partners to fit any broadcast time or other constraints. Videos that contain expletives, derogatory language, dangerous activities, illegal situations, or display images of individuals not allowed by law (including but not limited to foster children and undercover officers) are subject to disqualification.
A preliminary round of judging will determine the semifinal contestants in each voting category. The judging criteria will be based on the humor associated with the event captured on video. Selections for the semifinal round are subject to the judging panel’s opinion, and cannot be challenged.
This competition is not a video editing competition, however it is encouraged that videos be edited to display only the moment(s) the contestant wishes to be judged. Anyone competing in the final rounds will have their video viewed by the public and creativity may help, but is not required.
KWFC retains the full right and ability to refuse or eliminate any contestant for any reason without explanation or possibility of legal ramification. Contest judging will be done entirely by KWFC’s predetermined panel of judges, unless otherwise noted.
Contestants must register at kwfc.org by 5:00 p.m. (CDT) on Wednesday, April 22, 2015. Confirmation of registration will be provided at the time the form is completed and will appear as a message on your screen saying “Thank you for registering!”
The Contest is open to any legal U.S. resident residing within the listening area of 89.1 KWFC. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age as of April 1, 2015.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Before entry, each participant must upload their video to YouTube or Vimeo. Video uploads should be completed before the time of entry to ensure the correct link is provided at the time of registration. KWFC is not responsible for broken links, so please check your link before submitting your entry.
Contestants must meet all eligibility requirements and complete the online registration form in full. Contest winners may be asked to provide proof of identification.
Only those contestants who meet all requirements will be selected to continue onward throughout the Contest and promotion.
The following are ineligible from participation:
Employees or agents of Radio Training Network, other Missouri radio stations, or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent.
Any individual younger than 18 years of age as of April 1, 2015
Eight video entries will be selected for each category to advance to the voting rounds by the judicial panel. All contestants in the Semifinal and Final rounds of the Contest will be contacted the day the announcement is made on-air. Contact will be made by a KWFC staff member to the contestant listed on the submission form via the phone number and email provided at the time of registration.
These Semifinal round winners will advance based on votes cast by the listening audience of KWFC. There will be a maximum of three Semifinal rounds and one Final round. During the Semifinal rounds, the contestants will compete for the most online votes over the course of 14 days. Voters will visit kwfc.org to cast their vote by selecting their video choice and submitting their entry. At this time KWFC will only be accepting votes through this online voting method. Voting will be managed by a third party application and KWFC is not responsible for any technical issues stemming from this application. At the end of each round the video with the most votes will advance to the final round.
Videos will remain live on kwfc.org during their round. Audio from the videos may be played on air at 89.1 KWFC.
All contestants proceeding to the Semifinal and Final rounds of the Contest will be contacted through the information listed on the submission form via the phone number and/or email address provided at the time of registration.
The number of semifinal rounds and entries per round is subject to qualified video submissions, and may be modified at the discretion of KWFC.
Semifinal rounds occur April 27-May 10, May 11-24 and May 25-June 7. Voting ends on the last day of the voting period at 11:59 p.m. (CDT). Winners will be announced the Monday following the closing of each round (May 11, May 25 and June 8) at 7:20 a.m.
The Final round voting occurs June 8 – 14. Voting ends June 14 at 11:59 p.m. (CDT), and the Grand Prize Winner will be announced June 15th at 7:20 a.m.
Semifinal Round Winners
The winners of the three semifinal rounds will each receive a GoPro Hero 3+ video camera and Artist Circle tickets for four (4) to KWFC’s July 24, 2015, concert featuring Ernie Haase & Signature Sound. Total estimated retail value for each package: $412
Grand Prize Winner
The winner of the final round will receive a family getaway to St. Louis, including the following:
- Two night stay at the Holiday Inn Airport West
- Four (4) tickets to Six Flags
- Four (4) tickets to the Gateway Arch
- Four (4) tickets to a one-hour riverboat cruise
- Four (4) tickets to the Magic House
- Four (4) tickets to Meramec Caverns
- Four (4) tickets to the Missouri Botanical Garden attractions
Total estimated value of the Grand Prize is $600.
- Contestants may be asked to participate, either in-person, via telephone, or through electronic means (such as e-mail), with on-air talent in promotional segments (with such segments being either live or pre-recorded).
- In the event of a tie between any of the contestants during any voting event, a panel of station representatives will then determine the tie-breaker.
- All contestants assume total and complete personal liability and responsibility for contest involvement, with absolutely no liability or responsibility on the part of any entity involved in the promotion of any part of this total event.
- All prizes in this contest, advertised or implied, are not guaranteed. Whether by decision, or circumstances beyond control, KWFC is in no way legally bound to deliver or make good on any prize (or portion of the grand prize).
- KWFC can, in no way, be legally held for any perceived damages to contestants and contest participants, or anyone related in any way to such persons (regardless of the nature of such damages). KWFC is in no way legally liable or responsible to any contestant or participant, as all such persons are considered voluntary participants without right to any form of compensation.
- KWFC is in no way required to give intellectual domain to any contestant for any product or by-product of this promotion, even if such product is found existent prior to the said promotion.
- Any applicable taxes as a result of any and all prizes awarded in this competition are the sole responsibility of the contestant.
- Any pre-knowledge of the Contest events, processes, personalities, and/or results is considered confidential until such time as broadcast on KWFC or posted at kwfc.org. Revealing such information prior to its announcement is grounds for disqualification and removal from the competition.
- Any method or scheme devised to cheat or evade the rules of this contest will result in disqualification of votes deemed as such.
- KWFC reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise amend these rules at any time, or for any reason, with or without notice, and without consequence. Also, KWFC is not responsible for errors, misinformation, or omissions in these rules.
Click here to return to the Happy People Video Contest page.